How can I become a member of Curtis Baptist Church?
Here at Curtis we want to help people experience life to the fullest, and we believe that is only found in a relationship in Jesus Christ and joining with a faith family!
At the conclusion of every worship gathering is a time of invitation, where you may come forward and join our church. One of our decision counselors will be available to answer your questions and help guide you through the membership process.
Any person may become a member of the church who acknowledges Christ as Lord of his or her life; who has trusted Christ alone for salvation.
Here are a few options:
Profession of Faith
- If you have never received Jesus Christ as your Savior or publicly acknowledged and confessed Him as Lord, you will have an opportunity to do so during any worship gathering or other church gathering when the invitation is extended after the message.
- A minister will invite anyone who wishes to become a member to the front of the church. A minister will be there to greet you and pray with you. A member of our church family will visit with you to record some information.
- You can also request presentation by a member of the church during worship or other church gathering.
Transfer From Another Church
- If you are currently a member of another Southern Baptist Church, we will receive you as a member with the promise of a letter from that church. We will contact that church and notify them of your request.
- Baptism is for those who have confessed Jesus as Lord and whose lives demonstrate saving faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ. This process begins by talking with one of our decision counselors after any worship service.
Statement of Faith
- If you previously made a profession of faith and have been scripturally baptized by immersion in another faith tradition, we will be happy to welcome you into our family of believers